Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, March 24, 2014

Wedding Week: The Fashion

Wedding Week: The Fashion

We have photos! I'm so excited to share more details of our wedding now that our photos are ready. Every day this week, I'll share a bit about some element of our wedding. Today is all about fashion.

I found my dress at BHLDN (story here). It's the Lita by Catherine Deane. I love how Edwardian it is. I just suits my style perfect. I designed the necklace, inspired by some photos of Edwardian and 1920s designs, and Ryan's mother was lovely enough to make it for me. (Isn't she so talented?) I carried a Kate Spade pencil case as a clutch. After struggling for a while to find the perfect shoes, I realized that I just wanted to wear my favorite vintage leather riding boots with fair isle tights.

Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion

With the boots as my something old, the dress as my something new, and my ring as my something blue, I was just missing the something borrowed. I didn't have a plan until the morning of the wedding when my bridesmaid, Sarah, brought over a few of her mother's vintage furs. It was 6º Fahrenheit (-14º Celsius), so they were the perfect cover ups. 

Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion

The flower crown was a last minute decision too. I tried to make my own veil, and it just wasn't working out, so I called my florist two days before the wedding, and asked  her to make a crown. It was initially too big (it just looked too editorial), and I considered not wearing it, but ending up just hacking it up a bit with scissors. 

Ryan wore a custom suit from Indochino with his Asos chelsea boots. He and his groomsmen had raw cotton boutonnieres that I made with Ryan's sister. My mom made my bridesmaid's lavender bouquets. Their dresses are from BHLDN, and their necklaces are from Bauble Bar. 

Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Wedding Week: The Fashion
Bridal-Party-0Wedding Week: The Fashion30

I was inspired to choose gray for the bridesmaids because Ryan said he wanted to wear a gray suit. I think they looked very wintry and elegant. I love how everyone looked when we came together, and it was thrilling to surprise Ryan with my look. He had no idea what to expect. 

Wedding Week: The Fashion

All photos by Braun Photography

signature color

2 comments:

  1. I love the individuality of the tights and boots instead of the usual same old thing, it gave it the personal touch. The top bit of the dress is wonderful, so lacy and gorgeous. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the entirety of your wedding outfit and what a group effort it was. The boots look wonderful and balance out the floral crown. Congratulations!

    Rachel
    www.thecuratorial.com

    ReplyDelete