Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, December 30, 2013

Our Christmas Recap (in Photos)

On Christmas Eve, we went to the Fohl Christmas party with Ryan's extended family on his father's side. We did a white elephant gift exchange, played games, and even got a visit from Santa! Ryan spent most of the evening throwing Owen into the air and helping him rescue my Grumpy Cat from a Christmas tree. Oh, Grumpy! He just kept getting stuck in that tree.

Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013

When we got home that night, Ryan and I opened each other's gifts in bed. He gave me an amazing plush Vampy Cat that he'd commissioned his brother's girlfriend to make for me months ago. It was so unexpected and thoughtful and perfect! I knitted him some fingerless gloves. It was really hard to find the time to knit them in secret, but I managed to finish them just in time by getting up at 5:00 on Christmas Eve to knit for an hour before work as well as knitting all through my lunch break and rest breaks that day.

Opening each other's gifts in bed
Kind of the best thing ever. Ryan had Sam make me this Vampy Cat for Christmas. Thanks, guys!
Oh my gosh, I actually finished them in time! It took knitting al through my lunch hour and both rest breaks, but it happened. Since he's not on Instagram, I had to share my success. He'll get them tonight.

On Christmas Day, we visited my grandma in the morning, and then my immediate family came over to our apartment for presents and way too much food. My family gave me a bunch of books from my to-read list as well as a great tribal-print coat, and both seasons of Pushing Daisies on DVD, among other treasures. I felt incredibly spoiled. This was our second year hosting Christmas at our place, and I really enjoyed it. We're hoping that, by next year, we'll have a place big enough that we can host Ryan's family and mine all at once.

For those of you doing the math, yes, I did get two plush cats for Christmas. I also got a thermal hippo in the white elephant gift exchange. I'm pretty excited about it.

Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2013

All photos by me except group shot. Photo credit: Eric Villegas 

signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment