Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baby Bangs Inspiration

Baby Bangs inspiration

Lately, I've been feeling the need to change up my hair, and not just because my bangs prefer to spend their summers plastered to my forehead in a flat mass of sweaty grossness.

But I don't want to stop having bangs. Enter idea: get baby bangs! It's been one of those ideas that won't stop pestering me. I'm a little worried about how they'll look and how easy they'll be to style, but I think I'm going to go for it.

In looking online for inspiration, I've discovered that the way to keep them from looking too retro, severe, or Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tatoo-ish, is to get punky jagged bangs rather than straight-across Bettie Page bangs.

The first time I noticed jagged baby bangs was in the early '00s when Phoebe got them on Charmed. At the time, my brain could barely conceive of them as intentional, much less enviable. But times have changed (it's what they do) and I'm totally feeling the look now.

What do you think?

signature color

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I would totally get them if I had more hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taking some getting used to, but I love them too.

      Delete