Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday recipe: latkes with goat's cheese, smoked salmon, and fresh dill

Latkes with goat's cheese, smoked salmon, and fresh dill

This is my take on a Nigella Lawson recipe (which you can find here). It was my idea to add the goat's cheese. Typically I also change the potato to sweet potato, which plays very nicely with the goat's cheese and smoked salmon, making the whole thing more complex in flavor. But, I couldn't get sweet potato mix this time, so I made them more traditionally.

That's right, I said mix. Nigella's brilliant idea is to make the whole ordeal simpler and faster by using potato flakes. You know, that stuff that people make awful mashed potatoes out of? I was skeptical at first too, but it actually makes for a great textured pancake.

Latkes with goat's cheese, smoked salmon, and fresh dill
Latkes with goat's cheese, smoked salmon, and fresh dill

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment