Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, October 14, 2011

What I wore today 10/14/2011 (Faking it in fall)

IMG_2530

Tonight I'm performing in a workshop performance of a short play and then leaving immediately to read a couple poems at a reading at Joseph-Beth (best bookstore of all time). I needed to choose at outfit that could work as a costume for the play and also was something I could wear to the reading.

Here's the real challenge though: the play takes place at a lakeside restaurant in the summertime. That means no boots, no sweaters, none of my usual fall standbys. So I'm faking summer in the fall tonight by wearing a supper dress and open toed shoes with a coat I'm hoping will be thick enough to keep me comfortable on this chilly evening.

I love this thrifted wrap dress. Women everywhere owe Diane von Furstenburg a lot for inventing what it possibly the most flattering of all garments. Bless her.

IMG_2474

The loop that holds down the strap once it's through the buckle broke on one of my shoes, so I had to make a new one with thread. I think it'll work well enough. And doesn't it give my shoes that well-loved look, like a favorite Teddy bear? :-P

IMG_2441

More outfit photos . . .

IMG_2466
IMG_2460
IMG_2470
IMG_2521
IMG_2480
IMG_2494
IMG_2488


Wrap dress - thrifted
T-straps - Target
Camisole - my mom's
Coat - Forever 21

* * *

IMG_2418

Ryan and I really enjoyed out getaway to a cabin in the woods out in Amish country. We hiked, read books in rockers on the front porch, attempted to make tea from wild sumac (first attempt unsuccessful, but we'll try again) and just enjoyed spending relaxed time together.

IMG_2429
IMG_2426
IMG_2423
IMG_2430
IMG_2420

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment: