Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day dress, dinner, and DIY


It's finally here! The day I've been sewing and DIYing for! Valentine's Day. Here's me wearing the Cynthia Rowley Valentine's Day dress that I sewed last week.


Once dressed, I put the finishing touch on my decoupaged love letter box, spraying it with a matte varnish.

Now, all I have to do is make dinner. Here's what I'm making...

Sweetheart salad
(The hearts are cut from roasted beets. I can't think of a better Valentine's day food than beets -- I mean, they look like anatomically correct hearts with leaves growing out their tops.)

Steamed artichokes with tarragon butter
(Artichoke "hearts." Eh? Also, artichokes are one of Ryan's favorite things.)

Goat cheese ravioli with parsley sauce and lemony swiss chard

As for the night's soundtrack? 69 Love Songs by The Magnetic Fields.

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment