Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sewing a Valentine's Day Dress: Day One

Today I finally broke ground (sewing wise) on the Cynthia Rowley dress, which I'm now attempting to finish in time for Valentine's Day. I hadn't planned to make it a Valentine's Day dress, but I must have been in the mood when I picked out the fabric, because I realized the other day that it's perfect.

So, I waisted about an hour because I accidentally started sewing the wrong sleeves (the ones for a different pattern variation) and they were quite complicated with tucks and everything. See?

That was frustrating; I felt so stupid. But, once I got back on track, I was able to finish the whole bodice, which is fairly complicated and fully lined.

I'm going to try to make the bottom of it tomorrow, which shouldn't take nearly as much work as the top (although the zipper and pockets might prove a bit tricky). I can't wait to show you the finished project!

By the way, I'm not the only one excited about a new outfit for Valentine's Day! My dear friend, Sarah, just picked out a romper that she's super excited to wear.


Follow Fashion is Evolution

0 comments:

Post a Comment